Monday 7 February 2011

Why H809?

Seeing as I've already completed the MAODE with the Open University (OU) some may be wondering why I'm returning to more study (and more specifically to 'less life') .  Well, other than being addicted to learning ....

I completed the MAODE a few years ago in 2008 studying ...
However, I must confess that I dodged studying any topic that related to research or ‘statistics’ as my role at the time didn't involve researching educational technologies – more implementing and supporting them. However, more recently my role does involve evaluating the success (or failure) of TeL initiatives and I’m expected (and keen) to collaborate with my academic colleagues on practice-based research, hence my enrolment on the OU's H809: Practice-based research in educational technology.  Also, I'm about to start tutoring (a brand new role for me) on a module 'The Applications of Learning Technologies (ALT)', which is an optional module on the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) programme at the University of Salford, and so I hope all of the reading for H809 will keep me right up to date with research and practice relating to TeL so that I can be effective in this new and exciting role.

In the longer term I'm also considering completing the Doctorate in Education (EdD) and H809 will prepare me for such a challenge (I hope!).

No comments:

Post a Comment